Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools offers several distance-learning opportunities for high school students. The different schools, colleges, or universities that offer these courses to our students have individual requirements. Students must meet all requirements and pre-requisites for the particular school, college, or university in order to be considered for enrollment.
NRMPS is very excited about these new opportunities through the different distance learning avenues. Because this delivery of education is new and changing everyday, it is imperative that you discuss specific details with your school counselor if you are planning to take any of these courses. These courses will be on your high school transcript and can affect your GPA, class rank, and college admissions. See your high school counselor for details. Please note high schools have discretion as to which courses can be offered based on resources and equipment availability.
Are You a Good Candidate for Distance Learning?
Students who are successful in distance learning courses are:
- enthusiastic about the subject matter
- a responsible independent learner exhibiting maturity and self-motivation
- hard-working and take pride in doing excellent work – willing and have the time available to prepare carefully before class and to complete their homework assignments
- self-disciplined and have the study skills (including time management) necessary to learn without the physical presence of the instructor
- able to use basic PC technology - e.g. search for academically appropriate websites, add attachments to emails, navigate websites, mark favorite sites
- honest – many times students are trusted to complete their own work and NOT share their work on various assignments
- patient with technology – it can stop functioning
- able to work without letting other students distract them